Miami Law now has an exchange program with the University of San Andrés, Buenos Aires, Argentina. This one-semester exchange opportunity:
- Exists for up to two upper level J.D. students
- Takes place during their Fall Semester from the beginning of August to mid-December; and during their Spring Semester from the beginning of March to mid-July
- Offers courses primarily in Spanish
- Enables course credits earned at San Andrés to count toward the J.D. degree
About the University, the City, and the Law School
The University of San Andrés is a small private institution with approximately 900 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students. It is ranked as one of the top universities in Argentina. The university is located in the town of Victoria, San Fernando Partido (a northern suburb of Buenos Aires) on a picturesque and secure campus. Buenos Aires is the capital and largest city in Argentina.
Most courses are taught in Spanish, but, there may be a few English options to choose from. There is some on-campus housing, along with the option of living with a family or sharing a rented, furnished apartment with a roommate.
To Apply Please Provide
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV (including language competencies); and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of law school transcript.
Information must be received by April 1st for fall semester, and by October 1st for spring semester. Applications should be sent to Sandy Abraham at email@example.com.
Tuition, Fees, Social Events & Housing
Students pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to Ghent University except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
For More Information
Questions about the program should be directed to:
Executive Liaison for Interdisciplinary Programs