Registrar Services & Forms

Miami Law's Office of the Registrar provides many services to law students and alumni beyond course registration. The Law Registrar also collects and disseminates student and academic information through processes that ensure the integrity and security of all records.  
To Access Forms:
To access forms on this site, you will need to use your login credentials for CaneLink in the following format: (cgcent\cane ID and then the password). For example cgcent\jsmith.

For Courses/Registration:

Change of Appointment Time
17 Credits Request Form
Pass/Fail Authorization Form
Faculty Supervised Writing Approval Form
Student Request to Make-Up Incomplete
Concentration/Area of Focus Registration

Audits for J.D., Concentrations/Areas of Focus, Graduation

J.D. Self-Audit for Students Entering 2015 and Later
Graduation Audit Certification

The Business of Innovation, Law and Technology: BILT 
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Social Justice & Public Interest 
Immigration, Asylum, and Citizenship Law Area of Focus

For Absence from Campus:

All students who will be absent from class for any reason should complete the Absence Notification Online Form. This form is submitted to the Dean of Students, who will forward it to the individual faculty members listed to notify of the reason for an absence. Some professors rely on this form and track reasons for an absence. Others only count total numbers of absences. If a student is in doubt about the policy in a given class, he or she should check with the instructor. The Dean of Students does not have the authority to excuse any absences. For any student who will be absent from class for more than three days due to a medical or personal emergency, please contact the Dean of Students Office directly at (305) 284-4551 or to discuss the circumstances.
Request for Permission to Visit Away Form
Request for Leave of Absence Form 

For Exams:

Request Exam Reschedule (Personal) and Request Reschedule (Exam Conflict)
See more info on exams

Verification of Enrollment or Degree

The University of Miami Law School has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification. If you are an Employer, Credit Grantor, Insurance Company, Background Screening Agency, etc., please contact the National Student Clearinghouse at any of the following:

Fax: (703) 318-4058
E-mail (Degree Verification):                  
E-mail (Enrollment Verification):                  
Phone: (703) 742-4200
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard
Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Current students can also fill out a Verification of Enrollment Form.

Notary Services

The University of Miami School of Law has various staff members that can provide notary services for Bar related documents. Click here to see a full list of individuals who are notaries and the departments they work in at Miami Law.

Diploma Ordering

Alumni needing a duplicate diploma should complete the duplicate diploma request form. There is a $15.00 charge for a duplicate diploma. Please include the date of graduation, name under which you attended and the address to which you want the diploma mailed. Please make your check payable to the University of Miami. For any questions, please contact the Registrar’s office at 305-284-4825. Please mail the form with payment to:

University of Miami
Office of the Law Registrar
P.O. Box 248087
Coral Gables, FL 33124-8087

Diploma Delivery Status: To check the delivery status of your diploma, please visit University of Miami Diploma Search for Michael Sutter Company. You will need your student number (C-number) for the search.

Transcript Ordering

Current Students: Currently enrolled students may obtain an unofficial student copy of their transcript from their CaneLink account. Official transcripts for current students can be ordered using CaneLink or by through Credentials Solutions and are also available for pick up at the Office of the University Registrar, located at 121 Whitten University Center.

Alumni: For alumni who need an unofficial copy of their transcript, they must complete the Authorization and Release and email it to Official transcripts can be ordered through CredentialsSolutions  and are also available for pick up at the Office of the University Registrar, located at 121 Whitten University Center.

Have Official Name Changed

Students who need to have their official name changed must submit the Name Change Form along with proof of change and a photo ID (Passport or Driver’s License) to the Office of the Registrar. Documents verifying a name change must be original, legal documents or certified copies. Acceptable documents are:

  • Marriage license
  • Divorce documents
  • Naturalization papers
  • Passport
  • Court Order
  • Birth Certificate (Birth certificates are acceptable only for correcting spelling errors)

To change a married name back to a maiden name, legal documentation other than a birth certificate must be provided.

International Student Name Changes: In addition to providing the above documentation, International students must also first obtain a signature on the Change of Name Form from their International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) advisor. The ISSS department is located in Whitten University Center (also known as the UC), Suite 2275, 2nd floor, 305-284-2928 or Once the signature is obtained, the form may then be submitted with the legal documentation to:

Office of the Registrar
University of Miami School of Law, Room A210
P.O. Box 248087,
Coral Gables, FL 33124


Accommodation Request Form
Intake Form
Letter of Academic Standing Request
Academic Calendar
Miami Law Exchange Requirements Form