Until recently, to in the LL.M. in Real Estate/Property Development program students had to come to Miami, FL. But now, the LL.M. program — widely regarded as the nation's best — is available on campus and in an online format that offers both innovation and academic excellence. The LL.M. explores the subjects necessary to develop an understanding of land acquisition, finance, regulation, tax law, construction law, residential and commercial development, landlord tenant, closings, negotiation, planning strategies and drafting.
The program offers hands-on learning and unparalleled networking and professional development to students and alumni.
Who Should Consider This Program?
- Professionals looking for an online LL.M. program in real estate/property development
- Real estate professionals who need to acquire or upgrade knowledge of the area
- Practitioners interested in making a career pivot or fine tuning their practice
- Current law students or recent law graduates who want complete instruction in the laws related to real property development
Program Formats: Full or Part-Time/ On Campus or Online
To meet needs and schedules, the LL.M. Program is offered in various formats:
- On Campus (full-time or part-time)
- Online (part-time)
- Joint J.D./LL.M. (full-time option which saves time and tuition money over earning the degrees separately), or
- Triple Degree (J.D./M.B.A./LL.M. in Real Property Development)
Unparalleled Faculty, Leadership & Personalized Attention
The Real Property Development faculty includes top professors and scholars in the field, adjuncts who are partners of prominent law firms, and general counsels of major real estate companies – experts from all over the U.S. The director counsels students individually on internship placements and course selection at the beginning of each term thereby arranging a schedule that provides the appropriate course of study for each student. Each student takes appropriate courses depending on his or her background since students in the Program come from throughout the United States and some international jurisdictions with diverse work and undergraduate law experiences.
See Program Advisory Board Members
"The Program is wonderful for any recent law school graduate, attorney, or business person interested, or currently practicing, in the field of real estate development because it exposes the students to so many important areas of both real estate law and real estate development. Further, you obtain hands-on experience in addressing these complicated issues through internships and class projects, which makes you more marketable to prospective employers."
Benjamin E. Wilson, LL.M. '04
Associate Corporate Cousel, The Viera Company, Viera, FL