In the News
Since its inception in 1997, bringing outstanding students with a passion for public service to the University of Miami School of Law has been the goal of the Miami Scholars Public Interest Program. Incoming students with exceptional academic and public interest achievements have the opportunity for selection for this prestigious scholarship cohort program.
Miami Public Interest Scholars receive:
- Merit-based scholarship (awards range from partial to full tuition scholarships based on academic credentials, achievements, and demonstrated interest in public service)
- Stipend for unpaid public interest work performed during the summer after the first or second year of law school
- Specialized trainings focused on social justice
- Individualized advising on courses and career planning
- Networking with public interest lawyers
- Peer mentoring from upper-division Miami Scholars
- Assistance with securing summer public interest internships
- Participation in programming as part of a team of students dedicated to public interest
- Preferential selection for pro bono advocacy initiatives
- Unique leadership opportunities
Miami Public Interest Scholars serve as social justice leaders on our campus as part of numerous student organizations and individual projects and initiatives. They contribute meaningfully to creating a pro bono ethic among their peers. Miami Scholars have the opportunity to serve on the Public Interest Leadership Board (PILB), developing and implementing outstanding programs and projects dedicated to social justice, alumni/development, community engagement, education and career development. Miami Scholars are actively engaged leaders with a commitment to social justice, community engagement, and advocacy.
Miami Scholars Profiles
Read about Current and Past Miami Scholars:
Miami Scholars Class of 2022, 2023, 2024
Miami Scholars Class of 2021, 2022, 2023
Miami Scholars Class of 2020, 2021, 2022
Miami Scholars Class of 2019, 2020, 2021
Miami Scholars Class of 2018, 2019, 2020
Miami Scholars Class of 2017, 2018, 2019
Miami Scholars Class of 2016, 2017, 2018
Miami Scholars Class of 2015
Miami Scholars Class of 2014
Miami Scholars Class of 2013
Miami Scholars Class of 2012
No separate application is required for the Miami Scholars Public Interest Program. Priority will be given to applicants admitted to the law school by January 15, 2022. For more specifics on applying to the Miami Scholars program, visit the Miami Scholars section in the Financial Aid Scholarships page of this site.
Miami Scholars Public Interest Pathways and Careers
As law students and graduates, Miami Public Interest Scholars work with local, national, and international public interest organizations and government agencies to provide much-needed legal advocacy and ensure access to justice. Click here to view a list of selected summer and post-graduate placements.
Additional Public Interest Opportunities at Miami Law
For information on public interest opportunities outside of the HOPE Public Interest Resource Center, please visit the following pages: