What Is An Ambassador?
Miami Law's Ambassador Program is an invaluable extension of the Office of Student Recruitment. Some of Miami Law’s best and brightest students are chosen from an applicant pool to lead tours and represent Miami Law in recruitment efforts and events. Prospective students appreciate and enjoy hearing about Miami Law programs and campus life directly from the source – current students. Ambassadors are current law students who volunteer a few hours per month to lead campus tours and/or participate in on-campus and off-campus recruitment efforts and events. Ambassadors not only share the facts about Miami Law, they also get to share their personal experiences. Plus, Miami Law’s team of Ambassadors embodies the school’s commitment to diversity, so Miami Law selects stars from various economic, ethnic and national backgrounds. Miami Law’s Ambassadors also represent a range of undergraduate institutions, academic majors, and work experience.
Ambassador Application: Please click here to fill out the application.
- Participate in a mandatory, one-time only training
- Represent Miami Law in the most positive and professional light
- Follow up with admitted and prospective student questions via phone, e-mail or Skype
- Connect with admitted and prospective students via Facebook and Twitter
- Participate in Online Chats—(the Office of Student Recruitment hosts at least one chat each month between September and April)
- Participate in Open Houses and other recruitment events (on and off campus) according to time and availability
- Help recruit event volunteers and prospective Ambassador
- Give tours of the law school
- Members of the Ambassador Committee are also required to meet periodically
Yes, there are perks to being a Miami Law Student Ambassador:
- Meet lots of people
- Share personal law experiences
- Wear a lovely green Ambassador polo shirt
- Eat a lot of free food
- Receive a lot of thanks and appreciation from staff
- Put it on one's resume—Law firms and other organizations will see the high regard the law school has for ambassador’s accomplishments, abilities and contributions
For more general information about the Miami Law Student Ambassador program, please contact the Office of Student Recruitment at 305-284-6746 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person in room F203.