This August Miami Law welcomed Iván Mauricio Guzmán Rojas to the Maritime Law LL.M. as the first beneficiary of an agreement between Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali and Miami Law.
Ivan Mauricio Guzman
The agreement provides selected graduates of the Universidad Javeriana Cali the opportunity to undertake LL.M. studies at University of Miami School of Law. Selected students receive a scholarship from Miami Law to be used toward tuition.
Ivan received an additional grant from MPower Financing, a non-profit organization that funds world-class students’ study in the United States, to cover the tuition and costs of the LL.M. in Maritime Law.
A graduate of the Universidad Javeriana Cali’s 2016-2 class, Iván worked with Pricewaterhouse Coopers before coming to Miami Law.
Miami Law has agreements with eight Universities throughout Colombia and aims to attract some of the country’s brightest minds for a year of study in the United States.
Miami Law Has Agreements with the following Colombian Universities:
- Universidad del Rosario, Santa Fe de Bogotá, Colombia
- Universidad ICESI, Cali, Colombia
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cali, Colombia
- Universidad de San Buenaventura, Cali, Colombia
- Universidad EAFIT, Medellín, Colombia
- Acofade Colombian Association of Law Schools
- Asociación Panameña de Derecho Marítimo “Apademar” Scholarship
- Universidad Externado de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia