Dean of Students Janet Stearns, Anna Vino, and Noel Pace with Sebastian the Ibis.
Thirteen Miami Law students were recently named for inclusion in the prestigious listing Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges.
The Miami Law students, all 3Ls, were nominated on the basis of academic merit, service and extracurricular involvement. Dr. Patricia Whitley, UM’s Vice President for Student Affairs, congratulated students from departments across the University in a ceremony at the Student Activities Center.
Selection in Who's Who is an honor conferred by more than 2,842 schools in all 50 states. Honorees are presented with an award certificate.
The following Miami Law students were selected:
- Karla Albite, Editor-in-Chief, University of Miami Law Review; Dean’s Fellow; Brief Writer, Moot Court competition.
- Nejla Calvo, Miami Public Interest Scholar; member, Charles P. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board; Articles & Comments Editor, Race and Social Justice Law Review; Director, Equity Playhouse.
- David Coulter, President, Charles P. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board; Iron Arrow.
- Christine Freer, SBA Senator; Iron Arrow; Society of Bar and Gavel; Vice President, ACLU-UM; Death Penalty Clinic
- Lauren Gonzalez, Editor-in-Chief, Race and Social Justice Law Review; Vice President, Intellectual Property Law Society;
- Adam Hoock, Immigration Clinic; Senior Notes and Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review; Dean’s Fellow
- Michael Kranzler, Dean’s Cup; SBA Senator; Editor-in-Chief, National Security and Armed Services Law Review.
- Mitun Mitra, Chair, Dean’s Cup; Vice Chair, Society of Bar and Gavel; Human Rights Clinic and STREET LAW Program.
- Brian Oliver, Iron Arrow; Writing Dean’s Fellow; winner, GRAMMY Foundation’s writing competition.
- Noel Pace, President, Health Law Association; Founder, Student Veterans of America, UM Law Chapter; Health Rights Clinic.
- Sara Solano, SBA President; Equity Playhouse; University of Miami Law Review; PREP Program
- Shekida Smith, National Student Director, ABA Law Student Division’s National Appellate Advocacy Competition Subcommittee; Black Law Students Association.
- Anna Vino, President, ACLU-UM Chapter; HOPE Summer Public Interest Fellow; Staff Editor, Race and Social Justice Law Review.