Thirteen Miami Law students were recently named for inclusion in the prestigious listing Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges.
The Miami Law students, all 3Ls, were nominated by Dean Patricia D. White on the basis of academic merit, service and extracurricular involvement. In a ceremony on the Coral Gables campus, University of Miami President Donna E. Shalala – who was recognized by Who's Who when she was a college student – congratulated the students from across the campus who were included in the listing.
Selection in Who's Who is an honor conferred by more than 2,842 schools in all 50 states. Honorees are presented with an award certificate.
The following Miami Law students were selected:
- Elisabeth Beal, Senior Notes and Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review; Dean's Fellow.
- Emily Horowitz, Editor-in-Chief, University of Miami Law Review; Moot Court Board; Society of Bar & Gavel; Miami Law Women; Iron Arrow.
- Marc Joyner, President, Honor Council; Fellow, Miami Law's Innocence Clinic; Black Law Student Association; Democratic Law Students Association.
- James Tyler Kirk, Miami STREET LAW intern; Dean's List; Dean's Certificate of Achievement, Center for Ethics and Public Service.
- Quinshawna Landon, Articles and Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review; Moot Court Board; Black Law Students Association; Society of Bar and Gavel.
- Eric Olson, President, Charles C. Papy Jr. Moot Court Board; University of Miami Business Law Review; Student Ambassador; Society of Bar and Gavel.
- Kara Romagnino, Articles and Comments Editor, University of Miami Inter-American Law Review; Moot Court Board; Dean's List; Legal Intern, UM Faculty Senate Office.
- Ana Romes, member, University of Miami Law Review; Dean's Fellow; Research Assistant; Public Interest Leadership Board; Law Student for Reproductive Justice.
- Jihan Soliman, 2011-2012 President, Student Bar Association; Intern, Miami STREET LAW; Society of Bar and Gavel; Dean's List; Miami Law Women.
- Jason Sosnovsky, President, Entertainment & Sports Law Society; Dean's List; Research Assistant; Cardozo Jewish Legal Society.
- Justin Wales, Senior Notes and Comments Editor, University of Miami Law Review; Dean's List; Miami STREET LAW; Dean's Fellow; Intern, Federal Appellate Clinic.
- Chyna-Michele Williams, Editor-in-Chief, University of Miami Race and Social Justice Law Review; Miami Law Ambassador; Society of Bar and Gavel.
- Brittany Rae Young, member, National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review; Intl. Moot Court Board; Dean's List; Society of Bar and Gavel; Equity Playhouse.
For more information, go to: http://www.whoswhoamongstudents.com/