- WorldTradeLaw.net - Comprehensive site for information on WTO law. After entering the Subscriber page, the researcher can sign-up for e-mails of new Dispute Settlement Commentaries.
- TradeLawGuide - Specialty database for researching the law of the WTO. Links relevant WTO reports, awards and decisions and provides time-saving annotations to the principle trade agreement provisions. Also allows search by subject or full-text searching.
- World Trade Organization - For a general overview, try the Introduction and WTO Structure pages. The entire site may be searched or browsed by topic. Go through the registration process if you want to receive news from the WTO by e-mail.
- Integrated Database of Trade Disputes for Latin American and the Caribbean - Includes disputes from WTO, MERCOSUR, NAFTA, CARICOM and the Andean Community.
- KluwerArbitration - Provides the most extensive collection of judicial opinions and arbitral awards from around the world in the field of international commercial arbitration. It also includes leading Kluwer treatises on international arbitration, articles and primary documents.
- EISIL (American Society of International Law) provides basic texts, explanations and links on various international law topics. See generally the section on International Economic Law.
- GlobalEDGE (Michigan State University) greater focus on business and company information
- BNA - These are mostly current awareness resources with related daily or weekly reports on new events on the topic. Each publication can be searched or browsed by subject. Miami Law students can sign-up to receive new e-mails from specific BNA titles. (BNA titles are also available on Lexis and Westlaw.)
- WTO Reporter
- World Intellectual Property Report
- World Securities Law Reporter
- All BNA Titles
- Area of Law by Topic - International Trade
- Add/Edit Tabs: International Trade
Includes World Trade Decisions, treaties, news, and law journals
- Search by Topic - International Law
- Includes WTO & GATT Panel Decisions, treaties, news, and law journals
There are a number of databases accessible through the Richter Library which may be beneficial for this course. Richter has a list of economics-related databases and also a subject guide to economics resources. Two of the more popular databases are:
- Economic Literature Index Indexes journals and books since 1969. It indexes several relevant titles, including the Journal of International Economic Law and World Trade Review.
- ABI/INFORM Complete - (1971 to present) ABI/INFORM Complete indexes and abstracts articles covering all aspects of business worldwide. The complete article is provided for many titles.
- Oxford Scholarship Online treatises in both economics and law published by Oxford.
Library Print Material
The law reviews/journals listed here are not an exhaustive list but merely an introduction to the variety of journals available in this particular area of the law.
Most Important Journals
- International review of law and economics (available in print and Westlaw)
- Journal of international economic law (available in print, Hein Online and online)
- Journal of world trade (available in print and online)
- World trade review (available online)
- Asper review of international business and trade law (available in print, Hein Online, LexisNexis, and Westlaw)
- Manchester journal of international economic law (Hein Online only)
- Northwestern journal of international law & business (available in print, Hein Online and LexisNexis)
- North Carolina journal of international law and commercial regulation (available in print and Hein Online)
- Pacific McGeorge global business & development law journal (formerly The Transnational Lawyer) (available in print Hein Online and LexisNexis)
- World competition : law and economics review (available in print)
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals - Indexes articles from more than 450 legal periodicals from 1985 to the present. The Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals covers international law (public and private), comparative law, and municipal law of countries other than the United States, British Isles, and British Commonwealth.
- NBER Working Paper Series - Not necessarily focused on international regimes, working papers related to economic policy.