Some examinations are given in-class and others are take-home exams. This is solely at the discretion of the faculty member. Faculty may give different types of take-home examinations. Some may be schedule for 8 hours on the scheduled exam day, others may be of varying time limits scheduled throughout the exam period.
All take-home exams administered by The Office of the Law Registrar will be done using the Exam4 take-home feature. No exams will given out on paper or returned to the office after being printed out. Electronic submittal through Exam4 is mandatory.
Take Home Exam Procedure: Exam4
This is a step by step process for accessing the take-home examination files online.
- Go to www.exam4.com - Do not use icon that you use for in class proctored exams.
- Click on "Law Schools"
- Click on "Florida"
- Click on "University of Miami School of Law" – The exam or list of exams will appear at top of page.
- Click on Exam you wish to take.
- Students will be asked for their Exam ID Number, which is a student’s AGN/anonymous grading number; they should enter it and click continue.
- Follow the instructions for viewing the exam question. Students may of course print the exam question. The timer begins once a student has viewed the exam, and it is up to the student to keep track of your time.
- Type answers in a Word document. Please put one’s AGN on your document. No cover sheet prints with one’s exam.
- A student may open and close the exam4 program.
- Return to this same site to upload one’s Word document exam answer when done. Do not email an exam to the professor.