Our law school admissions experts are here to help you with any questions you may have. You can call us at 305-284-6746, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or interact with us by attending our virtual and in-person events.
Preparing for the LSAT
Important Dates to Consider
The Law School Application Process
Pre-Law Info for the University of Miami School of Law
Join an Interactive Virtual Tour with Current Law Students
Attend Information Sessions, Open Houses, and LSAT Workshops
Review our UM Pre-Law Handbook
Watch Miami Law Alumni and Student Spotlights
Learn about our Dual Degree Program in Law (3+3)
View our Law School Video
Review the Miami Law Fast Facts
How to Research Law Schools
Choosing Law as a Career
- Attend LSAC Forums and law fairs to learn more about the application process and to meet with law school representatives.
- Apply early.
- Visit law school websites for specific information and requirements and research the schools that match your goals.
- Prepare for the LSAT: Take several timed practice tests and choose a prep course that works for you. There are numerous companies that offer LSAT preparation courses. LSAC also offers a free prep course through the Khan Academy.
- Get to know your undergrad pre-law advisor who you should be able to find on your school’s website.
- Talk to lawyers and find out what they do.
- Listen to law student stories and learn about many areas of legal practice
- Take academic work as an undergraduate seriously.
- Without compromising academic work, round out an undergrad portfolio with activities and leadership positions. It is better to have a meaningful role in one or two organizations than be a member in many.