In the exchange with the Department of Law, University of Hong Kong, students complete a full semester of law courses in international law, legal history, commercial law, and other options. Credits taken at the University of Hong Kong will count toward the UM JD degree.
About the University of Hong Kong Law School:
The University of Hong Kong Faculty of Law is Hong Kong’s leading law school. It is ranked among the best in the Asia-Pacific region. The Faculty of Law has about 80 scholars and over 1500 full-time undergraduate and graduate students. It was built on a strong tradition of teaching and research in the common law, and all courses are taught in English.
About Hong Kong:
Hong Kong is a former British colony that serves today as a major port, global financial center, and meeting place of East and West.
Tuition, Fees, Social Events & Housing:
- Incoming exchange students: pay tuition to their home school, and required student health insurance and University fees to the University of Miami.
- Outgoing Miami Law students: pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami School of Law. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to the partner school except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
Please send the following by March 1st for the fall semester and by October 1st for the spring semester:
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business, area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV; and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of your law school transcript.
For More Information
Please send application and any questions to email@example.com.