Miami Law now has an exchange program with the Université Paris Descartes, Paris 5. This one-semester exchange opportunity:
- Exists for up to two upper level J.D. students
- Takes place during the fall term, from early August to mid-December. (It is also possible to attend during spring semester which runs from February through June.)
- Has courses taught in French.
- Enables course credits earned at Paris 5 to count toward a student's J.D. degree.
About the University
Paris Descartes University is one of the main French research universities, with a strong focus on medical sciences, social sciences, mathematics, and law. It is located in the heart of the Latin Quarter, the 5th arrondissement of Paris and is one of the most prestigious European university's for medical sciences, social sciences and research in psychology having a strong focus on innovation and modern approaches to social sciences.
Tuition, Fees, Social Events & Housing
- Incoming exchange students: pay tuition to their home school, and required student health insurance and University fees to the University of Miami.
- Outgoing Miami Law students: pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami School of Law. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to the partner school except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
To Apply Please Provide
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business, area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV; and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of law school transcript.
- Information must be received at the latest by March 1st for fall semester and October 1st for spring semester. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
Questions about the program should be directed to: