Miami Law offers a semester exchange opportunity with the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali in Cali, Colombia. This exchange enables two Miami Law J.D. students the opportunity to complete a full semester of courses at the University, which is a leading research institution in Colombia. Most courses are taught in Spanish.
About PUJ - Cali
PUJ or “La Javeriana”, as it is known by its students, was founded in 1623 and is one of the oldest, most traditional, and prestigious universities in Colombia. It is a Jesuit institution with its primary campus in Bogota and a second campus in Cali which was established in 1970.
Santiago de Cali, commonly known as Cali, is the capital of the Valle del Cauca Department, and the third most populous city in Colombia with close to 2 ½ million residents. It is one of the oldest cities in the Americas and is located very close to the Pacific Ocean. Cali is the main urban and economic center in southwest Colombia, as well as being a center for sports and the “capital” of salsa.
Tuition & Housing
- Incoming exchange students: pay tuition to their home school, and required student health insurance and University fees to the University of Miami.
- Outgoing Miami Law students: pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami School of Law. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to the partner school except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
Miami Law selects the two most qualified students to propose to Javeriana each academic year. Javeriana makes the final decision on admission. To apply, please send:
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business, area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV; and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of law school transcript.
Application information needs to be received by March 1st for fall semester, and by October 1st for spring semester. Please send application to email@example.com.
For More Information
Questions about the program should be directed to: