University of Miami School of Law and the University of Miami International & Comparative Law Review are pleased to announce the Second International and Comparative Insolvency Law Symposium
Join us to discuss global and domestic insolvency law topics as we seek to advance the dialogue on these topics between academics, the practicing bar and bankruptcy bench.
In conjunction with Professor Andrew Dawson of the University of Miami Law School, Professor Laura Napoli Coordes of the Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Professor Adrian Walters of IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, and Professor Christoph Henkel of the Mississippi College School of Law, the members of the University of Miami Law School International & Comparative Law Review, are organizing the symposium and look forward to contributions from academics of all levels, fellows, and graduate students
Thursday & Friday, November 14 - 15, 2019
Newman Alumni Center
6200 San Amaro Drive
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
Time: 8am - 5pm
The Symposium will focus on comparative and cross-border issues in bankruptcy and insolvency law in its broadest sense. This includes both, consumer and corporate bankruptcy and insolvency topics. following topics and themes will be included in the program:
- Current issues of bankruptcy and insolvency law in a global context
- Harmonizing cross-border bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring law
- Issues related to Puerto Rico’s bankruptcy filing under PROMESA
- Regional developments in the Americas, Africa or Europe; the continuing impact of the sovereign debt crisis or BREXIT
- Topics discussed and examined by UNCITRAL Working Group V
- Communication and cooperation between courts in international insolvency cases
- Treatment of small and medium sized enterprises in bankruptcy
- Personal and consumer bankruptcy and insolvency
- Insolvency of financial institutions, such as SMEs or GSIFIS
- Treatment of Initial Coin Offerings and Crypto Currencies in bankruptcy
- Use of technology in insolvency practice, including the impact of Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence
- Insolvency and bankruptcy law reforms
- Hot topics and works-in-progress
COMING SOON! Please visit this site again for full programming and papers.
Please CLICK HERE to view our hotel partners.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Second International and Comparative Insolvency Law Symposium are available. Please download and complete the sponsorship form to indicate your support.
In partnership with: