The exchange program with Université Cergy-Pontoise in Cergy-Pontoise, France enables two Miami Law students the opportunity to complete a full semester of courses at Cergy-Pontoise. Courses in this exchange are offered in French and English.
About the Université Cergy-Pontoise
Founded in 1991, the University of Cergy-Pontoise (UCP) is a dynamic, state-funded university which has 15,000 students and 1,700 international students. The academic focus of the university includes: law, economic and management, international studies and modern languages, humanities, and science and technology.
This city is 30 km north of Paris and is conveniently located only 25 minutes from the Charles de Gaulle airport. It is a young city - only 30 years old - and boasts a population of over 200,000 residents. It has a rich architectural heritage, with historical chateaus nearby, as well as having beautiful scenery along the River Oise. Paris is only a short train-ride away.
Tuition and Housing
- Incoming exchange students: pay tuition to their home school, and required student health insurance and University fees to the University of Miami.
- Outgoing Miami Law students: pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami School of Law. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to the partner school except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
Miami Law selects the two most qualified students to propose to UCP each academic year. UCP makes the final decision on admission. To apply, please send by March 1st for fall semester, and by October 1st for spring semester:
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business, area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV; and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of law school transcript.
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
Questions about the program should be directed to: