The UMIT Service Desk and Desktop Support Services team provides technical assistance for desktop and network related issues for faculty and staff. The team is comprised of staff with a diverse set of skills and expert working knowledge on many topics relating to desktop configuration and management. When contacting the UMIT Service Desk via phone, you will speak to a technician who can perform tier 1 troubleshooting where they will listen to the problem and determine if it is something that can be resolved over the phone, or if it requires an in-person visit from a technician. Many issues can be resolved over the phone by utilizing a remote access application. The remote access application maximizes UMIT’s ability to respond to computer concerns efficiently. The computer user must grant permission to UMIT staff before service staff can establish a remote session.
If the issue cannot be resolved, the ticket will be re-assigned to a desktop support technician for an in-person site visit. All interactions will be logged, and an incident ticket number will be generated and provided to you. An email with the incident ticket number will be emailed to you.
List of Law IT, UMIT Service Desk, and UMIT Desktop Support Services
Law IT provides the following services to law faculty and staff:
- Order new telephones & computer hardware
- Assist with use of software products
- Assist with law school specific collaboration site creation and site assistance
- Provide classroom and audiovisual technology support
- Provide distance education technology support
- Assist with law school specific and customized systems and database solutions tailored to specific business needs
For assistance for these services, please call 8-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMIT provides the following services to all faculty and staff at the University:
- hardware support for devices
- imaging of desktop devices
- deployment and replacement of desktop devices
- domain access for central management
- configuration of mobile devices
For assistance for these services, please call 8-6565 or email email@example.com.
Employee Discount Program
All University of Miami employees are eligible to receive discounts on a number of products including Dell and Apple. Click here for a list of products and services with available discounts.
Technology by Classroom
Click here for a list of technology by classroom available at the law school.
For More Information