Encyclopedia of Public International Law (short entries written by experts)
Oxford Reports on International Law decisions and background on international law cases and international law treatment in domestic courts
ASIL Electronic Resource Guide (guide on online international law resources)
EISIL (Amer. Society of Int'l Law) provides basic texts,explanations and links on various international law topics. There are several related sections, such as General International Law, International Organizations, etc.
Treaties in Force (treaties to which the US is a party, with citation)
Researching Travaux Preparatoires (drafting history)
Lexis.com (international stuff not on Advance yet)
Area of Law by Topic - International Law
Includes U.S. treaties, international decisions, news, and law journals.
Search by Topic - International Law
Hein Online (UN/US treaties, journals, and other resources)
UN Treaty Collection (treaties, status, etc.)
Simple Guide to UN Treaty Bodies (for Human Rights) (download)
Organization of American States (treaties, case law, etc.)
Europa (all things European Union, treaties, legislation, official documents, etc)
U.N. Human Rights Council (see link to all Human Rights Bodies)
Human Rights Center (University of Minnesota) large collection of human rights documents, meta-search engine that searches several human rights databases at one time, material from regional human rights bodies, and more.
Inter-American Commission on Human Rights cases, reports, etc.
KluwerArbitration (BITs, conventions, annotated NY Convention, commentary, and more)
UNIDROIT (conventions, explanatory and preparatory texts)
UNCITRAL (treaty, case law, etc.)
- Baron (law library material)
- Oxford Scholarship Online (thru Richter) full text of treatises published by Oxford.
- EBL (thru Richter) e-books full text of treatises
- Mary Ann Glendon, et al., Comparative Legal Traditions: Text, Materials and Cases on Western Law, 3d
- Mary Ann Glendon, Comparative Legal Traditions in a Nutshell, 3d ed
- Claire Germain, Germain's Transnational Law Research: a guide for attorneys
- Marci Hoffman and Mary Rumsey International and Foreign Legal Research: a Coursebook
- Modern Legal Systems Cyclopedia
- John Henry Merryman, The Civil Law Tradition: An Introduction to the Legal Systems of Europe and Latin America
Research Guides to Get You Started
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London
- BerkeleyLaw Library
- Duke Law - Library & Technology
Hein Online law journals, international yearbooks, etc.
TDM (Transnational Dispute Management)
Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals - indexes articles from more than 450 legal periodicals from 1985 to the present. The Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals covers international law (public and private), comparative law, and municipal law of countries other than the United States, British Isles, and British Commonwealth.
Jurist legal news written mostly by law professors, separate section for world legal news
Global Legal Monitor (Law Library of Congress) worldwide legal news.
ASIL Insights brief news releases related to international law.
International Law in Brief (ASIL) recent developments in international law, including UN resolutions, cases, and other happenings.
International Judicial Monitor articles related to international judiciary and justice.
- Prince's Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations - book
- World Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations - book
- Cardiff Index to Legal Abbreviations - electronic
- The Bluebook - book
- Guide to Foreign and International Legal Citations - book
- Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities - electronic
- Lexis News & Business / Country & Region (excluding U.S.) - Subscription
- Library of Congress
- CIA World Factbook
Links To Sites
Foreign Law Sites - Cornell
Foreign Law Guide Reynolds and Flores - Subscription
- Political Database of the Americas - Georgetown University
- GLIN - Global Legal Information Network
- Constitution of the Countries of the World – Subscription