International Students

Home   >  Office of Financial Aid   >  Current Students   >  International Students

Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents may apply for federal student aid funds through our office. University policy requires foreign students to demonstrate ability to pay their expenses. Foreign students should be aware that education in the United States is expensive, and are therefore encouraged to seek financial assistance and/or scholarship funds from home country sources.

For assistance in locating sponsoring organizations contact the United States Embassy or Consulate or the United States Information Agency in your country. Foreign (international) students who wish to explore private alternative loan options may click here for further information.

International students may have their expenses covered through agencies in their homeland. Employers will occasionally provide tuition reimbursement for the study of law.

Click here for additional links

Office of Student Account Services Payment Plans

The University of Miami Office of Student Account Services offers a Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) to assist students and parents in meeting educational costs. For applications or for further information about any or all of these plans, please contact the Office of Student Account Services at 305-284-6430, option 5.