Alternative Loans for International Students

Home   >  Office of Financial Aid   >  Loans   >  Alternative Loans for International Students

International students may be eligible to apply for a private alternative loan. However, in most cases the lender requires all, if not some of the following:

  • Must have a credit-worthy co-borrower.
  • The co-borrower must be a U. S. Citizen or permanent resident.
  • The student borrower and/or co-borrower must have a valid Social Security Number.

For specific lenders eligibility and application requirements you should contact the lender(s) directly. International students may also find the following links helpful:

For further information you may visit the Financial Aid Office located in the School of Law in Room A312, via e-mail at or by phone at 305-284-3115.