Take Home Exams
Some examinations are given in-class and others are take-home. This is solely at the discretion of the faculty member. Faculty may give different types of take-home examinations. Some may be schedule for 8 hours on the scheduled exam day, others may be of varying time limits scheduled throughout the exam period.
All take-home exams administered by The Office of the Law Registrar will be done using the Exam4 take-home feature. No exams will given out on paper or returned to the office after being printed out. Electronic submittal through Exam4 is mandatory.
Take Home Exam Procedure
This is a step by step process for accessing the take-home examination files online.
- Go to www.exam4.com - Do not use icon that you use for in class proctored exams.
- Click on "Law Schools"
- Click on "Florida"
- Click on "University of Miami School of Law" – The exam or list of exams will appear at top of page.
- Click on Exam you wish to take.
- You will be asked for your Exam ID Number, which is your anonymous grading number enter it and click continue.
- Follow the instructions for viewing the exam question. You may of course print the exam question.
- Type your answers in a Word document.
- You may open and close the exam4 program.
- Return to this same site to upload your Word document exam answer when you are done.