Miami Law now has an exchange program with the Peking University School of Transnational Law (STL) in Shenzhen, China. This one-semester exchange opportunity:
- Exists for up to two upper level J.D. students.
- Takes place during the fall term, from late August through November, or during the spring term from February through early May.
- Offers courses taught in English.
- Enables course credits earned at the School of Transnational Law (STL) to count toward the J.D. degree.
About the University
The Peking University School of Transnational Law started in the fall of 2008 as a part of the Shenzhen Graduate School of Peking University. It is the first law school to offer a traditional western-style Juris Doctor (J.D.) curriculum alongside a Chinese-style Juris Master (J.M.) curriculum. In its brief lifetime, STL has become a magnet for exceptional faculty and students. The academic year is divided into six 6-week modules, and exchange students will each take courses in two modules, those which most closely match Miami Law's academic year.
Shenzhen is a major city in the south of Southern China's Guangdong Province, situated immediately north of Hong Kong. It is a city that has grown from its earnest beginnings in 1979 to an amazingly wealthy and thriving metropolis of almost 14 million people. It has wonderful architecture, an active art scene, famous beaches, and a strong economic base which encourages continued expansion of culture and entertainment.
To Apply Please Provide
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business, area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV; and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of law school transcript.
Information must be received at the latest by April 1st for fall semester and October 1st for spring semester. Applications should be sent to Sandy Abraham at email@example.com.
Tuition, Fees, Social Events & Housing
Students will pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to STL except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
Straight From a Student
Diana Feng discusses how she chose this program due to her desire to work in international law with China.
For More Information
Questions about the program should be directed to:
Executive Liaison for Interdisciplinary Programs 305-284-4030, firstname.lastname@example.org