Miami Law now has an exchange program with KIIT University , Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. This one-semester exchange opportunity:
- Exists for up to two upper level J.D. students
- Takes place during their Fall Semester from July to the end of November, and during their Spring Semester from the beginning of January until mid-May.
- Offers courses in English
- Enables course credits earned at KIIT to count toward the J.D. degree
About the University, the City and the Law School
KIIT (formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) is a private university with over 20,000 students across its many areas of excellence. It is a relatively new institution and was conferred the status of university in 2004. The Law School specializes in international arbitration, corporate law, information technology law, and human rights. The campus is spread across 400 acres in the temple city of Bhubaneswar. There are on-campus dorms, and many campus activities and organizations available to the students.
Bhubaneswar is the capital of Odisha and has become the education hub for eastern India. It has a population of approximately 900,000.
To Apply Please Provide
- A short letter (1-2 pages) stating the reasons for interest;
- A listing of significant international experience (growing up in a foreign country, work in the Peace Corps, the military or business, studying for a semester or more abroad), and/or extensive academic training in international relations, international business area studies, or related fields;
- A copy of one’s CV (including language competencies); and
- Law school GPA and grades in relevant courses, or a copy of law school transcript.
Information must be received by April 1st for fall semester. Applications should be sent to Sandy Abraham at email@example.com.
Tuition, Fees, Social Events & Housing
Students pay tuition and other required fees to the University of Miami. Miami Law students pay no tuition or fees to Ghent University except for certain social events and discretionary fees.
For More Information
Questions about the program should be directed to:
Executive Liaison for Interdisciplinary Programs