Triple Degree Program: A Specialized Option for Business Majors
This new program offers a combination of legal and business degrees to students who were undergraduate business majors. These credentials are ideal for anyone with a long-term goal of servicing top corporate clients or becoming a senior executive at a bank, real estate company, or financial institution. They also serve as significant assets in today's competitive marketplace to any attorney starting out in tax or real estate law.
Program and Application Specifics
- This is only for individuals who were undergraduate business majors.
- The program enables students to obtain three degrees in four years – a J.D., an M.B.A. and an LL.M.
- Once J.D students begin their 2L year of law school, they can apply to the specific LL.M. program in either Tax or Real Property Development by the end of spring semester after having completed specific pre-requistes.
- During the 2L year, students should also apply to the one-year MBA program by the Early Decision deadline of June 1st to be considered for any financial aid/scholarship options available at the School of Business Administration. (Note: There are additional deadline date options for the MBA program, allowing students to apply up until December 1st for a January [spring semester] start.)
- Students must have the results of their GMAT exam when they apply since only complete applications will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Essentially, students are able to complete both the LL.M. and J.D. degrees in seven semesters and can complete an M.B.A. degree with only an additional two semesters or fewer, if summer school courses are taken.
Click here for details on the J.D./LL.M. in Taxation.
Click here for details on the J.D./LL.M. in Real Property Development.
Click here for details on the M.B.A. program at UM's School of Business website.
For more information
For specific information about the degree programs, contact:
Executive Liaison, Interdisciplinary Programs and Initiatives
University of Miami School of Law
J.D./LL.M. in Taxation:
Taxation Program Coordinator Lorrie Capps
Web: J.D./LL.M. in Taxation
J.D./LL.M. in Real Property Development
Real Property Program Coordinator Connie Bowers
Web: J.D./LL.M. in Real Property Development
One-Year M.B.A. Program
University of Miami School of Business Administration
Graduate Business Programs
Telephone: 305-284-2510 or toll free 1-800-531-7137
Web: One-Year M.B.A. Program