Since its inception in 1997, bringing outstanding students with a passion for public service to the University of Miami School of Law has been the goal of the Miami Scholars Public Interest Program.
Incoming student with exceptional academic and public interest achievements have the opportunity for selection for this prestigious scholarship cohort program. Read about Miami Scholars' accomplishments in the news.
Miami Scholars receive:
- Full tuition scholarship
- Support with securing and funding summer public interest internships
- Mentoring by public interest lawyers and upper-class scholars
- Participation in programming as part of a team of students dedicated to public interest
- Individualized advising on courses and career planning
- Specialized trainings and/or classes focused on social justice
Miami Scholars serve as leaders and chairs on the Public Interest Leadership Board (PILB), developing and implementing outstanding programs and projects while working to instill a pro bono ethic in their peers. Students serve on a range of committees dedicated to alumni/development, community and public relations, programming, education and career development. Through committee and PILB meetings and the programming generated, Miami Scholars contribute greatly to Miami Law.
Miami Scholars Brochure
Profiles: Read about Current and Past Miami Scholars
This program requires a supplemental application in addition to the J.D. application. The priority deadline for consideration is January 9, 2017 and the final deadline is April 3, 2017. For more specifics on applying to the Miami Scholars program, visit the Miami Scholars' section in the Financial Aid Scholarships page of this site.